Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PLN and other thoughts about what I've learned

I continue to enjoy finding all of these new, cool sites to use.  I still feel like I'm a new teacher, even though it's been over 6 years now.  Maybe it's because I haven't settled in and used the same material over and over.  Each year I try to incorporate something new - both for my students and for me!
Knowing about classroom 2.0 and how to use professional development, slideshare, and google reader will make me a more effective educator... I hope.  I'm ready for the school year to begin (sad to say that) so that I can get back to working with my colleagues.  
Over the past week, even though I struggled a little bit getting it going, I really liked screencasting and I hope to use it in the future.  I do use powerpoint presentations often, and I thought that video we watched was funny!  I know I'm not that guy because I've gone to a seminar before about the more effective ways (or less effective) to use powerpoint.  My students get questions within, pictures, videos, and fewer words on each slide... so I think I'm already doing that fine.

3 comments:

  1. Still feeling like a new teacher after six years? Good for you. I also try to incorporate something new each year ... keeps me current and keeps kids interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on what I saw from some of my teachers in high school, I don't want to end up like that. Using the same tests each year, never adding new labs/material, etc...
    I think if we work to stay current, as you say, then we should be able to keep up w/ the kids better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great you haven't "settled in"! I think your reflections are to-the-point, making it easy to keep up with you WebTools 2.0 adventures! Keep up the good work and most importantly thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete